On the occasion of the International Day of Migration, U-Report is pleased to announce the platform has been upgraded to be more inclusive for every youth in South Africa.
In collaboration with UNHCR, Save the Children, Action for Conflict Transformation, Future Families, Refugees Social Services and Childline SA, U-Report will now dedicate resources and initiatives to youth on the move.
From December 14th, 2021, signing up on U-Report, migrants, refugees and displaced youth will:
• Make their voices heard on issues they care about
• Access reliable resources essential to their protection and development
• Chat with counselors to assist in their integration within society
New features include:
• New language options: English, French, Portuguese, Swahili, Somali, Shona, Ndebele
• Automated information for improved referral mechanism
• Case management dashboard to enable one-to-one counseling
U-Report on the move is also a tool for service providers. Signing up, they will now access resources and guidance in their work to protect and assist youth on the move in their inclusion journey.